1/2 lb fusilli pasta
1 pint whole milk, heated
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
1/4 cup shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 lb cripy bacon, broken into pieces
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest & Cheese Seasoning
1/4 stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi White Truffle Olive Oil
Sabatino Tartufi fresh White Truffles, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F degree. Prepare a buttered coated oven-safe dish; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to a boil, cook the fusilli al dente, and drain (do not rinse with water).
- In a small pot, heat olive oil, whisk in flour to form a roux, and cook slowly until amber in color. Pour in heated milk until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Gradually sprinkle in all of the cheeses. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour in cooked fusilli and bacon; toss well. Transfer the mixture into the oven-safe dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, Sabatino Tartufi White Truffle Oil, and Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest & Cheese seasoning; mix well and top pasta evenly with buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 20 minutes. Garnish table side with thinly sliced Sabatino White Truffles.