Scallops and truffles are flavors that can enhance and compliment each other. Each ingredient offers unique savory flavors, with the scallops offering a slightly sweet flavor in addition. The subtle flavor of the scallops are the perfect foil for the strong, earthy flavors of truffles. In this dish, the scallops are prepared and presented in raw form, while the truffle vinaigrette and Fresno chiles add brightness and depth of flavor to the dish.
● ½ lb Large Sea Scallops
● 1 Tbsp Shallot, finely chopped
● 2 Tbsp Tondo Aged Balsamic Vinegar
● 1 Tbsp Sabatino Tartufi Black Truffle Pate
● ¼ C Olive Oil
● 1 Tbsp Fresno Chili, thinly sliced
● To Taste, Salt
● To Taste, Pepper
● Optional, Fresh Black Truffle
● Optional, microgreens
1. Freeze scallops for 20 minutes. Once slightly firm, slice horizontally in ¼” pieces. Keep
chilled while making vinaigrette.
2. For the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, Tondo Aged Balsamic, shallot, Sabatino
Black Truffle Pate, salt and pepper until emulsified.
3. Shingle sliced scallops on a chilled plate and drizzle with vinaigrette.
4. Garnish with fresno chili, black truffle, and microgreens.