Ingredients8 ounces raw almonds
8 long carrots, tops trimmed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons Truffle Maple Syrup
1 fresh garlic clove, minced
10 sprigs thyme, de-stemmed
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a large pot, boil water.
2. Spread the almonds on the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a medium bowl, set aside.
3. Blanch the carrots in the boiling water, until tender, about 2 minutes; remove and submerge into an ice bath (ice and water) to keep the bright orange color and stop the cooking process, set aside.
4. Melt the butter in a large skillet, over low heat. Pour in the Truffle Maple Syrup, and sauté with the garlic and thyme for 2 minutes.
5. Toss to coat the carrots and almonds and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, and serve.