2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cups sugar
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 6 oz packages blackberries (that have been frozen solid)
2 tsp Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Honey
- Mix the heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Take off the heat and add the milk and vanilla.
- Cool the mixture and then pour it into a gallon sized ziplock bag. You can set the bag in a bowl to make this easier. Close the bag securely and lay it flat on a baking sheet. Put it in the freezer and freeze solid. I left mine overnight.
- Cut open the bag and break up the mixture into pieces. Put them in a food processor and process until smooth. This will take a couple of minutes. Scrape down the machine and redistribute the chunks a few times to help your machine out.
- When the machine runs freely and the ice cream is smooth, add the frozen berries. The machine will take a while, but it will eventually get all the berries pureed into the ice cream. Redistribute the berries a few times during the process.
- Scrape the ice cream into a loaf pan and smooth it out. Cover with foil and place back in the freezer until firm enough to scoop.
- Garnish with Sabatino Truffle Honey and serve.